When you’re building a content marketing plan for your organization, the first step is to define the overall strategy. Take a close look at where you are now, and set S.M.A.R.T. goals that are:
- Specific – Answer the “W” questions when you set a specific goal. Who is involved? What do we want to accomplish? Where is it located? When will it be completed? Why are we doing this project?
- Measurable – Stay on track by measuring your progress and reaching your target dates.
- Attainable – Identify goals that are priorities and develop the abilities, attitudes and financial support that helps you reach them.
- Relevant – Set goals that you believe can be accomplished.
- Timely – A time frame will help you stay on track.
Seeing the whole picture from the start will make the process easier to implement and manage.
Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there.- John P. Kotter
This is the first of eight articles that focus on the major components of creating a content marketing plan.
Photo by Caren Libby – Washington University – St. Louis, Missouri
Latest posts by Caren Libby (see all)
- 5 Lessons Learned from My First Decade as an Entrepreneur - January 1, 2018
- A Simple Social Media Guide - December 18, 2017
- A Focus on Social Media: Tools for Research - December 11, 2017