Marketing collateral is a collection of media that represents a brand and supports the sales of a product or service. People typically prefer to know more about a business before they consider what they have to offer, and your online presence and print collateral often serve as their first impression. Today’s collateral consists of all the content that marketers devise to educate and inform people about their business.
All of these are examples of vehicles that move your customer in a journey through your sales funnel.
- WEB SITE CONTENT – everything that relates to your global brand
- IMAGES – logos, graphic design elements and photographs
- SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING – strategic approach to increase visibility
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS – frequent posting, sharing and interacting
- EMAIL MARKETING – recurring communications to people who have opted in
- PRINT COLLATERAL – brochures, business cards, postcards, letterhead
- eBOOKS – informative, in-depth information
- WHITE PAPERS – detailed benefits of your product/service
- VIDEO – introductions, overviews and demonstrations
- TESTIMONIALS – quotes from customers
- CASE STUDIES – specific uses and how customers have benefited from them
When you’re planning your overall strategy for content marketing, it’s important to consider how it will apply to all of the collateral that is relevant to your business.
Marketing is a contest for people’s attention.
– Seth Godin