For casual or business portraits, here are some tips that work well in any setting…
1. Wear clothing that conveys the meaning you want to share. If there are several people in the photo, coordinate the styles and colors for best results.
2. Dark or colorful, plain tops in shades that complement your complexion are ideal. Avoid prints and high contrasts, especially with black and white.
3. Collared shirts and v-neck tops frame the face and are a good choice. Long sleeves and pants are also flattering, especially for business portraits.
4. Dress for the environment and the weather.
5. Simple jewelry, if any, works best. Accessories like hats can change your look quickly. Jackets and scarves are easy to change on location.
6. Bring props if you want to add a unique touch to some of your portraits.
7. Your best asset is sharing who you are – with a smile.
8. Relax and have fun. This is your photo adventure!