Email marketing can be an extremely effective tool when there is a strategy behind the campaigns. It’s important to understand who is receiving the emails – their demographics, purchasing behavior and interests – to create content that is relevant. Before you begin, ask yourself:
What is the purpose of this campaign?
What do you want the recipient to do? Do you want them to:
- check out a new feature on your website?
- respond to a survey?
- register for an event?
- follow you on social media?
- learn how they can benefit from your products or services?
- set up an appointment?
- make a purchase?
The analytical reports that are provided by your email service provider can help you determine which campaigns are working best. A lot of opens and clicks means you’re sending messages that are appealing and timely.
Email marketing can turn leads into paying customers because it’s a unique opportunity to stay in touch, request feedback and teach the recipients how they can use your products or services to be successful.
People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it. – Simon Sinek
Photo by Caren Libby – Mailbox – St. Charles, Missouri
Latest posts by Caren Libby (see all)
- 5 Lessons Learned from My First Decade as an Entrepreneur - January 1, 2018
- A Simple Social Media Guide - December 18, 2017
- A Focus on Social Media: Tools for Research - December 11, 2017